Generally, Starting a new business gives us hope, happiness and give us a direction to achieve our goals. But, We often forget how we will attain a customer and forget to prepare a strategy. You need to plan how to get your first customer and what techniques you should apply to win a client.
According to the latest market research, effective selection & targeting the potential audience has made setting-up new businesses very profitable. Now, we face the ultimate test: get our first customers. We tell you some techniques to overcome this obstacle.
The big day has come when we finally have the keys to our company. We take stock of everything that has been done so far and we see that we have done our homework well.
We have prepared a business plan, we have analyzed our market quantitatively and qualitatively and we have selected our target audience. But the telephone remains silent and the doorbell does not sound.
Do not worry! Below are the Six Effective Techniques to Win Your First Customers.
- Approach The Cold Door: It is the old technique of going door to door to offer the products. It is a strategy that burns a lot. The experts do not recommend it when the products are not very technical or when we go to large companies.
Your practice would be more advisable in the event that you make a visit to a polygon or a business center. If you cannot specify anything, at least you will have obtained information from potential clients.
- Specialized Mailing: The mailing or the e-mailing (the best day to launch an e-mail is Tuesday) is effective if you take advantage of a moment in which you can be generating demand.
To do this, you should be very attentive to the market movements of your sector: search the specialized press and visit the fairs and seminars. In this way, you will discover the signs to send your brochures or your catalogs.
A variant of the typical mailing is the so-called marketing of expectations. It sends a brochure, in which it is announced that something will happen from a date, and on that date, you communicate other data and so on.
It is about generating expectations in your customers and in this way captures their attention. Another form of mailing is done on the doorknobs of houses or cars.
- Customize The Offer: It is convenient to personalize the offer. According to the experts, this is a strategy with which you get the client to see that you care about him/her and take your time to satisfy them.
It is what some call meta-communication, a factor that predisposes customers to your favor.
- Take Advantages Of Your Partners: An ingenious solution to attract the first customers is to use precisely your strategic partner or partners. They will be responsible for giving good references to your company.
- Prescribers Strategy: Another recommendation of the experts is to quantify the market beforehand. Through this analysis, identify which are the fastest channels to get the clients. The same for this process, the campaigns are not required but it consists in locating where our direct channels, our main prescribers, can be.
Work with the organizations and associations of the economic sector in which you move as well as the potential clients. It is important to identify these prescribers and take care of them so that they have an interest in sending us, clients.
So, for example, if you are going to set up a pediatric clinic, leave your card in the pharmacies of the area, in the drugstores, in the health center etc.
In short, in all those places that can act as prescribers.
- 6. Promotional Meetings: Do not hesitate to invest some money to get clients because it will never be a free expense. There are many formulas to summon your potential clients, from the organization of breakfasts or work lunches to a training workshop.
Summons no more than ten people. If you already have a client, invite them and others who are not. Convene them to a meeting to get to know each other better and do not hurry to sell. Always remember that the important thing is to publicize your company!